Obligatory Legal Parlance
Terms and Conditions
Welcome to the stodgier section of Prick of the Spindle. Herewith follows some language that is deemed necessary. Without further ado:
- The content of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness, or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services, or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material that is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to: the design, layout, look, appearance, and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited, other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
Collection of Information
We collect personally identifiable information, like names, postal addresses, email addresses, etc., when voluntarily submitted by our visitors. The information you provide is used to fulfill your specific request. This information is only used to fulfill your specific request, unless you give us permission to use it in another manner, for example, to add you to our mailing list.
The site may use cookie and tracking technology depending on the features offered. Cookie and tracking technology is useful for gathering information, such as browser type and operating system, tracking the number of visitors to the site, and understanding how visitors use the site. Cookies can also help customize the site for visitors. Personal information cannot be collected via cookies and other tracking technology.
Distribution of Information
We may share information with governmental agencies or other companies assisting us in fraud prevention or investigation. We may do so when: (1) permitted or required by law; (2) in an attempt to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions; or, (3) investigating fraud that has already taken place. Such information is not provided to these companies for marketing purposes.
Commitment to Data Security
Your personally identifiable information is kept secure. Only authorized employees, agents, and contractors (who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential) have access to this information. All emails and newsletters from this site allow you to opt out of further mailings.
Privacy Contact Information
By e-mail: pseditor [at] prickofthespindle [dot] com
We reserve the right to make changes to this policy. Any changes to this policy will be posted.
Prick of the Spindle has available for shipping print issues of the journal, branded paraphernalia, such as T-shirts, and books published by Aqueous Books.
Orders ship as soon as funds are collected from your purchase. The exception to this is issues of the journal that are made available for pre-order and are not yet available for sale. Issues available on a pre-order basis state the pre-order status as well as the publication date.
Prick of the Spindle ships globally.
Shipping rates are calculated in the shopping cart.
All sales of print merchandise are final. Returns of branded products, such as T-shirts, purchased through third-party vendors are subject to the vendors’ return and cancellations policies.